|ON HOLD PHONE FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- More than 70% of business phone calls are placed on hold for an average of 45 to 60 seconds each.
- 60% of the callers placed on hold hang up, and 30% of those that hang up never call back.
- 94% of advertising budgets are spent to induce a call and only 6% is spent to handle the call once it comes in.
- Callers with silence on hold will abandon their calls in less than 1 minute. 99% hang up within 40 seconds.
- Callers with messages on hold will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer.
|Providing informative messages on hold results in:
- A 40% increase in retention of callers on hold.
- A 15% increase in inquiries.
MORE ON HOLD PHONE FACTS
- The average executive spends 17 minutes per day on hold.
- The average person spends 60 hours a year on hold.
- Over 85% of callers prefer messages on hold over silence.
- 1 in 5 respondents made a purchase or a decision based on messages on hold.
- One study found that of the 8 - 15% of a company's customer base is lost each year, 68% is due to indifferent or negative phone treatment.
The facts are clear: when your customers are on the phone, on hold messaging is critical. Without it, you could lose up to 90% of callers and those people will take their business elsewhere. Lost callers equal lost revenue.
Let the creative minds at Market HOLD develop your audio image to increase your sales.